Help Wanted: Electric Superintendent
The Lake Park Municipal Utilities (pop. 1105) is seeking an Electric Superintendent. Duties include electrical construction, operation, maintenance and repair of overhead and underground electric distribution system. Other duties include reports, working with the public, generation, and assist with all other departments as necessary. Journeyman license preferred. Other requirements include possession of valid CDL or ability to obtain within six months. Must be willing to relocate within six months of hire. Pre-employment drug testing. Salary $60,000-$100,000 DOQ. Benefits include PTO, Sick & Holiday pay, IPERS, Health insurance (100% employee 80% family). Lake Park is a growing community situated on the shores of Silver Lake. The Iowa Great Lakes is only 14 miles away. Check us out at www.lakeparkia.com. Lake Park Municipal Utilities is an EOE. Send resume/application to Lake Park Municipal Utilities, PO Box 536, Lake Park, Iowa 51347. Resumes/applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Changes in hours for local businesses due to COVID-19
Some of our local businesses have been forced to reduce their hours and how they operate day to day. In an effort to keep the public informed we have put together a list of businesses along with their current hours or changes that have been made. Continue to support your local businesses.
- Avery Rose Boutique—Open as posted in window, also check website.
- C & B Operations—Regular hours. On-line and phone orders. Parts picked up at front door only.
- Carstensen Meat & Grocery—Regular hours Mon-Sat 7:30am-7:00pm Sun. 10:00am-2:00pm
- CFE—Open regular business hours. Requesting call ahead for business to reduce foot traffic
- City/Utility Office—Requesting all payments be made in dropbox. Staff available for phone calls
- Consumers—Regular Hours Mon-Fri 7:30am-5:00pm
- Dollar General—Open 9am-10am for Senior Citizens. Closing at 8:00pm
- Great Lakes Countertops—Regular hours 8:00am-5:00pm
- Great Lakes Insurance—Office is open. Request to call for appointment
- Gunderson’s—Carry-out available 11:00am-1:30pm and 5:00pm-8:00pm. Menu on Facebook page.
- Jaycox—Regular hours. Curbside pickup and delivery available. Front door access only.
- Johnny’s—Beer, Growler, and pizza take-out from 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Lake Park Auto Parts—Regular hours Mon-Fri 7:30-5:30pm Sat. 7:30-noon.
- Lake Park Auto Repair—Lobby is closed. Call for appointment.
- Maggie’s Crafty Creations—Regular Hours. Take out drinks only. All classes cancelled.
- Market Street Tire—Regular Hours
- Mel’s Insurance—Regular Hours
- Niemeier Spine & Sport—Regular hours.
- Red Roses & Ivy—On-line and phone orders only. Will deliver.
- Savings Bank—Lobby closed. Call for appt. Drive-up only 7:30am-4:30pm
- Stan’s Corner—Hours Mon-Fri 6:30am-8:00pm Sat/Sun 8:00am-8:00pm. Takeout available/lunch specials
- Unique Jewelry & Finds—Regular hours
- U.S. Post Office—Request the use of box key as much as possible.
- United Community Bank—Lobby closed. Call for appt. Drive-up only, hours 8:30am-5:00pm
Silver Lake Recreational Trail Improvements and Progress
The Dickinson County Trails Board has made plans to address the standing water on the Silver Lake Trail adjacent to Beachcomber Drive. This maintenance will occur this spring and will allow for a much safer walk or bike ride. In addition, the faded trail signs will be replaced from Beachcomber Drive to the east entrance of Country Club Drive. These improvements are just a small part of the trail’s big picture. Plans to connect Lake Park with the Lakes Area are continuing with completion of the goal in 2021. Much money and effort has been directed to this project and we welcome the quality of life, economic, and small town atmosphere opportunities the connecting rail trail will offer.