To the Electors of the City of Lake Park, Iowa:
You are hereby notified that the City Council of the City of Lake Park, Iowa, has received notice of the resignation of the council seat currently held by Clark Reekers. The office of this council seat which expires December 31, 2021, is vacant as of May 12, 2020, pursuant to Section 69.2, Code of Iowa.
You are further notified that the Council has elected to fill the vacancy by appointment, but the electors of the City have the right to file a petition requiring that the vacancy be filled by a special election.
The appointment shall be for the period until the next pending election, as defined by Section 69.12, Code of Iowa.
The Council will make the appointment to fill the vacancy at its regular meeting June 8, 2020 and the appointment will become effective immediately.
Persons wanting to be considered should submit a request in writing to the City Clerk as soon as possible by 4:00 p.m. on June 3, 2020.
PO Box 536
Lake Park, IA 51347
The show will go on! The annual fireworks show over Silver Lake will take place on Friday, July 3, at dusk. To support the fireworks show, the Silver Lake Fireworks committee is holding a raffle and only 250 tickets will be sold. Two winners will be drawn the night of the fireworks, one will win a cash prize of $1,000; the other will win $2,000. Raffle tickets are $50 each may be purchased at any of the following Lake Park businesses:
- Carstensen's Meat and Grocery
- Gunderson's Restaurant
- Johnny's Pub
- Maggie's Coffee
- Red Roses & Ivy
- Stan's Corner
Get your tickets today before they run out!
The Lake Park Town & Country Boosters annual Citywide Garage Sale will be Saturday, June 6. To have your sale listed, download the form below and return it to the Lake Park Municipal Utilities office by May 29. Ads will be available by June 3 on www.lakeparkia.com and at the Lake Park Library. The citywide garage sales will also be advertised in the Lakes News Shopper.
The Lake Park Municipal Utilities (pop. 1105) is seeking a water superintendent. Duties include monitoring/testing of water, meter installs/repairs, water leak repairs. Other duties include reports, working with the public, and assist with all other departments, as necessary. Grade II treatment/distribution license preferred or ability to obtain. Other requirements include possession of valid CDL or ability to obtain within six months. Must be willing to relocate within six months of hire. Pre-employment drug testing. Salary DOQ. Benefits include PTO, Sick & Holiday pay, IPERS, Health insurance (100% employee 80% family). Lake Park is a growing community situated on the shores of Silver Lake. The Iowa Great Lakes is only 14 miles away. Check us out at www.lakeparkia.com.
Send resume/application to:
Lake Park Municipal Utilities
PO Box 536
Lake Park, Iowa 51347
Resumes/applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Dickinson County Food Pantries are continuing to serve clients during the COVID-19 outbreak, but have slightly changed the way in which they are doing so. In order to abide by the guidelines set by the CDC and authorities, the pantries are still serving while adhering to social distancing. Pantries are also considered essential and will continue to operate. The following list is accessible at https://www.dickinsoncountyhunger.com/covid19-update. If you need assistance getting food from a pantry, please enter your request at https://iglcoronarelief.org.
The Lake Park Municipal Utilities (pop. 1105) is seeking an Electric Superintendent. Duties include electrical construction, operation, maintenance and repair of overhead and underground electric distribution system. Other duties include reports, working with the public, generation, and assist with all other departments as necessary. Journeyman license preferred. Other requirements include possession of valid CDL or ability to obtain within six months. Must be willing to relocate within six months of hire. Pre-employment drug testing. Salary $60,000-$100,000 DOQ. Benefits include PTO, Sick & Holiday pay, IPERS, Health insurance (100% employee 80% family). Lake Park is a growing community situated on the shores of Silver Lake. The Iowa Great Lakes is only 14 miles away. Check us out at www.lakeparkia.com. Lake Park Municipal Utilities is an EOE. Send resume/application to Lake Park Municipal Utilities, PO Box 536, Lake Park, Iowa 51347. Resumes/applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Some of our local businesses have been forced to reduce their hours and how they operate day to day. In an effort to keep the public informed we have put together a list of businesses along with their current hours or changes that have been made. Continue to support your local businesses.
- C & B Operations—Regular hours. On-line and phone orders. Parts picked up at front door only.
- Carstensen Meat & Grocery—Regular hours Mon-Sat 7:30am-7:00pm Sun. 10:00am-2:00pm
- CFE—Open regular business hours. Requesting call ahead for business to reduce foot traffic
- City/Utility Office—Requesting all payments be made in dropbox. Staff available for phone calls
- Consumers—Regular Hours Mon-Fri 7:30am-5:00pm
- Dollar General—Open 9am-10am for Senior Citizens. Closing at 8:00pm
- Great Lakes Countertops—Regular hours 8:00am-5:00pm
- Great Lakes Insurance—Office is open. Request to call for appointment
- Gunderson’s—Carry-out available 11:00am-1:30pm and 5:00pm-8:00pm. Menu on Facebook page.
- Jaycox—Regular hours. Curbside pickup and delivery available. Front door access only.
- Johnny’s—Beer, Growler, and pizza take-out from 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Lake Park Auto Parts—Regular hours Mon-Fri 7:30-5:30pm Sat. 7:30-noon.
- Lake Park Auto Repair—Lobby is closed. Call for appointment.
- Maggie’s Crafty Creations—Regular Hours. Take out drinks only. All classes cancelled.
- Market Street Tire—Regular Hours
- Mel’s Insurance—Regular Hours
- Niemeier Spine & Sport—Regular hours.
- Red Roses & Ivy—On-line and phone orders only. Will deliver.
- Savings Bank—Lobby closed. Call for appt. Drive-up only 7:30am-4:30pm
- Stan’s Corner—Hours Mon-Fri 6:30am-8:00pm Sat/Sun 8:00am-8:00pm. Takeout available/lunch specials
- Unique Jewelry & Finds—Regular hours
- U.S. Post Office—Request the use of box key as much as possible.
- United Community Bank—Lobby closed. Call for appt. Drive-up only, hours 8:30am-5:00pm
- Water Tower Boutique—Open as posted in window, also check website.